Wednesday, October 7, 2015

October Blog Series..."The Joy of Editing"

Good afternoon, readers! Are you all as excited as I am that October is here? As our dear Anne Shirley says, "I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers." The trees are beginning to change from summery green to an enchanting golden, red, and orange. It's that time of year to get out the cozy sweaters, sip apple cider, and breathe in the fresh, cool autumn air!

Being the beginning of the month, this also means a new blog post series! To be honest, I had a hard time deciding on what this series was going to be. Not that I couldn't think of any. There were several subjects I wanted to cover actually, and couldn't decide which one to talk about this month.

Well, after contemplating a while, I decided to choose to write a series on editing. I know a lot of writers have the same goal as me to finish up a project or two by the end of the year. And if you are one of those writers, you are most likely at the editing stage right now.

This series will be geared towards both fiction and non-fiction writers. The posts will apply to anyone who is writing a fully length novel, a short story, an article, essay, etc. I will be sharing tips I've learned on my own and tips I've learned from other and wiser writers.

You know you're a writer when... - Writers Write: I will be honest by saying, editing and I have a love-hate relationship. It feels so good to cut out all the bad stuff. But it's also such a tedious and painful task, having to go back over and over again, trying to decide what will make the project the best it can be, and going over all the 'rules' and 'principals' that need to be applied.

Yes, it's not always very fun! But editing is obviously a very important part of honing your skills, and developing your writing into a tight, well written, and arousing piece of art.

Stay tuned for the first post of 'The Joy of Editing'. It will be posted on here by tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment