Thursday, September 10, 2015

Goodbye Summer...and Exciting Announcement!

Oh where oh where did the summer go? Isn't it amazing how so many of us imagine the summer as a relaxing and lazy season? We see ourselves lounging by the pool, sipping lemonade while reading a good book every day.

Swimming pool, Halekulani hotel. Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu island, Hawaii, USABut summer comes and we find ourselves even crazy busier than the school year. Moms' are carpooling each kid from one sport to the next. There are camps. Trips. Family reunions. Everyone is go, go, go. And before you know it, the summer is over!

I am not a mom, and I did not go on any big summer vacations or to family reunions this year. But I also did not go to the pool once. The worst part, is I did not get tan and am still as pasty white as I was in the winter. 

Yes, summer was rather crazy intense for me. While working hard to finish the first draft of the major rewrite of my book, marketing and writing copy for my business, and working on my novella for the Rooglewood Press's fairytal contest, I was sad to neglect my blog for a couple of months.

However, though life doesn't quite feel like it's slowed down any, I am happy to say that I am now on the second draft of my rewrite; I have found a good time of the day to work on projects for my business and clients; And my novella is coming along smoothly!

And that has brought me to make a little announcement. I will now not only be posting consistently on my blog...but am starting a new blog post series each month! I will be sharing one post regarding the topic of the month once a week.

I am really excited to get back into blogging. Stay tuned to read the very first post of the series for September! 

Meanwhile...I'd love to hear about your summer! What projects did you start or finish? Were you able to write as much as you wanted to? Did any trips or summer adventures inspire any story ideas? Do tell! Just leave a comment below. Can't wait to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment